Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy labor day!

Weekends don't really mean much when you're a pastors wife but I was so looking forward to this one! Adam got a friend of his to preach and I was looking forward to actually spending a Saturday with him and the kids outdoors (since it was supposed to be sunny on a day he was actually taking off!)

Well you know how when you pray for patience what happens?? I have been praying God will help be be gracious and understanding with the unpredictable schedule that comes with being a pastors wife. Crisis's (is that a word?) happen and that is just part of the job. Well I guess I was being tested because I don't think I saw Adam for more than an hour all weekend until Sunday afternoon:). And surprisingly I did ok with it! I'm learning that if you're only going to see your husband for a few hours it's much more enjoyable if your not spending it irritated that things weren't happening how you planned!

That being said we are enjoying having Adams good friend Jim (who is also J's God father) stay with us for a few days before he heads back to seminary. Jim is studying to be a catholic priest and I love to pick his brain! And we snuck in some much needed family time over pancakes this morning!

Hoping you all had a great long weekend with your family and friends!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Weekend wrap up

No comments:

Post a Comment