Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Late 6 month update


So, technically Jacob has been 6 months for awhile now, but since it occurred on my blogging hiatus I thought I would do a quick update:)


April was a pretty nice month so we spent all of our non-packing days outdoors! Jacob has discovered a love for all things outdoors, especially grass and sand!


As of this weekend he is finally at a place where I can sit him down and know he probably won't fall down (I use lots of pillows around him after an unfortunate head plant into the hardwood floors). It seems like he is growing in leaps and bounds these days. He is getting much better and reaching out and grabbing things around him (including my hair and our noses).

He also loves banging anything he has in his hands, and dropping things on the floor and then demanding that we pick them up again (something I'm hoping won't become a habit!).


Jacob's sixth month had us moving across the country and I have to say, I have no plans to do that with a baby again! He did great on all the flights, however was too busy looking around at everyone and smiling to sleep very much.

Speaking of sleep this month he also decided to take a 3 1/2 week break from sleeping through the night. It was definitely hard on me to be getting up 1-2 times at night after I had gotten used to a full nights sleep! This last week we seem to have made a turnaround though, as he has slept 12 hours straight the last 5 nights (with the exception of one amazing 14 hour sleep). I'm REALLY hoping this keeps up because I don't seem to have time to nap these days!


We've also seen a huge take off in Jacob's "talking" these days! The current sounds he makes are "mama" "baba" "dada" "wawa" and most recently "gaga". He's starting to mix the sounds together and I love hearing him talking to him self on the baby monitor as he's going to sleep. He also has discovered an obsession with his lips and tongue and is constantly blowing raspberries, especially if he has the attention of a pretty girl!



We were lucky to find a pediatrician in Halifax who so far seems good! At his 6 month checkup his "stats" were: Weight - 17 lbs 3 oz (40%) Height 27.7 inches (80%) and I can't remember his head circumference, but I remember it was pretty high on the chart!

Jacob continues to be a pretty laid back baby overall. He has lots of expressions and LOVES to laugh at Adam and I. These last 6 months have FLOWN by and we can't wait to experience the next 6, just don't grow up too quick on us sweetheart!

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment