Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby Bump's

I have to say I love baby bumps!  I was so excited to get a little bump when I was first pregnant with Jacob.  In fact I have a picture of myself posing at 13 weeks showing off my little "bump" and every time I look back on it I have to laugh because, there was literally nothing there.  I have quite a few pregnant friends these days and I just love seeing their little bellies sticking out, evidence that there is new life growing inside them!

Do you know when I do not think baby bumps are cute?  5 months after you have a baby!  Ugh... I have been so struggling losing my "baby belly" this time around!  I was back down to my pre pregnancy weight after 5 weeks with J, with literally no work put in at all.  This time around the weight came off fairly easy, I still have a few pounds to go, but my stomach muscles seem to have stretched beyond repair lol.  I seriously look 3 months pregnant.

I need help, but I'm not sure where to start!  My main issues are that I'm pumping full time for Miss Charis, so I'm obviously hungry a lot.  I also am not one of those women who just melt away from nursing, in fact every time I hear someone say how much weight they lost nursing their babe, a small part of me wants to throw something at them (just being honest lol).  I also have such small amounts of free time that I have a hard time choosing working out when I see mounds of dirty dishes and loads of laundry to be put away, that's not even to mention all the huge projects to do around the house since we moved in!  I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, and maybe I am, but I literally feel like I'm at a loss for time these days!

So I need to figure out quick healthy toddler friendly meals and quick effective work outs lol!  Is there such thing?  I know lots of great healthy recipes, they're just time consuming.  And our quick fixes tend to involve a lot of cheese and carbs lol (think pasta's, casseroles, etc.), not great for the figure!  Any help out there from you other mama's in bloggy land?

I am determined to look non-pregnant by Christmas which I think is doable, since that's more than 3 months away.... I just don't know how to do it yet!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I also look pregnant (I have been asked 3 times in the past few months). So I can't give advice as someone who's done it! But some suggestions:
    Swap in sweet potato or squash instead of standard potato (it's lighter and more nutritious)
    Soups- with bread for hubby to fill him up, but you can skip it (or have less). My boys love soup and dipping their toast.
    Cut up salad with low fat dip is a great non-guilty snack
    Do ab exercises every morning- small reps with short breaks.
    Mareesa
    The days I do them (even though I don't like it), I really notice the difference in my belly. Maybe we can motivate each other? Our Christmas is summer, so I can't hide my belly as easily!

    ReplyDelete