Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This and That




If you look on the internet there are about 101 ways to predict whether you are having a boy or a girl when you're pregnant.  Well I'm not really one for superstitions I have to say there is something about the heart rate one that I have always kind of believed.  For those of you that are unfamiliar with this particular tale, the myth is that if baby's heart rate is above 140 you're having a girl and below, you're having a boy.  Whether or not this can be scientifically proven -  Jacob's heart rate was always in the 130's.  Why my sudden interest in heart rates you may ask?  Well I had another midwives appointment today and baby G's heart rate was also the 130's...  so we'll see if the old wives tale is true this time around!





We've been having a lot of fun at the park lately.  I started letting Jacob go down the slide (from the half way part).  He goes down the slide at swimming lessons and loves it, and I'd say from the picture it looks like it's a hit at the park as well!




J's FAVORITE thing to do at the park, however, is going on the swing.  Anyone who's ever come to the park with us know's how much Jacob loves the swings.  He honestly can swing for half and hour and still make a fuss when you take him out!  He is a swinging machine!




And the above picture is one of many scenes he's made lately when it's time to leave somewhere and he just doesn't want to yet!  Whether it's the play area at the library, the stair area at the swimming pool, the park, etc.  the kid has no problem expressing that he is not really interested in leaving yet!  So I have become that mom carrying a screaming toddler out of such establishment while the rest of the world looks on:)  Oh the joy's of mothering:)

3 comments:

  1. Hehe... Things look like they're going great!! :) I have to say though, I was SO sure my sister was having a boy with her first, and the baby's heart beat was always around 140, or just over so I was even more convinced, but she did end up with a beautiful baby girl for her first. And her son she just had was much lower. Just throwing it out there. Either way J's little sibling will be a complete cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honestly happy either way. If it's a boy than I think it will be great for Jacob to have a sibling so close in age that's the same sex, and it it's a girl I"m excited that we'll have one of each:)

    Things are going well - how are you finding being in Toronto.... you're nephew sure is a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe... That's true! Either way it'll be wonderful! Things are going well in Toronto. Busy and hectic, but amazing at the same time. :) I'm here without Jon though, so I have to say I'm very anxious to get back this Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete