Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Beach Day

Yesterday after the movers came we packed up our things and headed down to the beach. It was 21 degrees out and after all of our hard work this weekend we needed some time to relax



We spent most of our time walking with the stroller along the paths, since I am terrified of J getting a sun burn. I have yet to see a good natural sunscreen anywhere and I guess technically babies aren't supposed to wear sunscreen until they are at least 6 months old anyway, but if any of you can recommend a good natural sunscreen I would be very appreciative. We did stop for 5 minutes or so though to get in a good photo shoot on the sand.



Man, was it ever good to be out in the sunshine! I really am a different person when the sun comes out. There is just something about it that does wonders for the soul, I always feel so much more relaxed. Being cooped up inside in a basement during a rainy winter can zap the motivation right out of you. I even think it affects our marriage, Adam and I definitely fight a lot less in the summer!



Jacob is at the perfect age for these kinds of outings. He really thrives being out and about, and is always so happy. He can start getting crabby and as soon as we take him outside he is almost instantaneously a happier baby. And since he sleeps well at night I actually have the energy to get out and about during the day, unlike when he was a newborn!


He is really starting to explore things, and loves anything tactile. While he was sitting in the sand he kept reaching down and grabbing handfuls of it just letting it slide through his fingers. He actually had quite a hole dug by the time we went over to get him!


I am really looking forward to having the summer off and having a chance to go on lots of adventures with him. If any of you mom's in Halifax aren't working this summer I'm always looking for company for a walk or a trip to the park or beach! As much as I love hanging out with J. too many days without some adult company makes me go a little crazy!



Jacob must have been worn out from all of the activity because he was out cold by 6pm slept until almost 8am this morning (he did wake up once to feed around 5am). Since I almost never get to sleep in I was in heaven...except for the fact that I was sleeping on an air mattress that doesn't even bare a slight resemblance to my warm bed...but still I got to sleep in which was great:)


So, hopefully the sun keeps up for the next 10 days so we can spend our newfound free time outdoors!


Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are so cute. We've had great weather here, too, and it's been great to go to the park and go for walks. Good luck with the sunscreen, I just use whatever kind or dress Aidan in long sleeves and a hat.
    - Katrina

    ReplyDelete