Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Story of Us (part 1)



The first time I remember noticing Adam was actually at church with my Mom. He was playing guitar on the worship team and my Mom asked me if I knew who he was. I replied that I didn't and she replied with "he's cute...he reminds me of the type of guy I would have on a poster on my wall when I was younger" and that promptly eliminated any potential attraction on my end.

That day after church a mutual friend of both of ours asked me if I wanted to join him and a few friends for lunch. Adam also happened to be there. We introduced ourselves and chatted about the upcoming Christmas holiday's, and what people were doing for New Year's, etc. and that was that.


A month or so later I saw him at a show my friends band was playing at. I went over to say Hi and he asked me if I wanted to sit down. He then proceeded to start a conversation in typical Adam style "so... why don't you tell me your life story". I think I mumbled something along the lines that it may take awhile, hoping to turn the conversation in another direction. He was persistent though, and pointed out that we had at least a few hours. So we chatted for the rest of the evening and at the end of the evening suggested that we meet for coffee sometime.

For the next few weeks we hung out and talked a lot. Adam was probably the first guy who I could really talk honestly to. I could share about who I was and how I felt about things without any fear of being judged, which I recognized as a true gift.

As we continued to hang out however, I think we realized that neither of us was ready for a serious relationship. Both of us had just ended fairly serious relationships and didn't feel like we were in a place to start a new one, so we thought friendship would be the best route to go for both of us.




Since we were both in a similar social circle we still continued to see each other quite a bit. And for the next 2 years we remained fairly close friends. We both dated other people, and I think both of us thought that was as far as the story of Adam and Suzanne would go...



(To be continued)

1 comment:

  1. Never loose that friendship. It's the tie that binds.....Love You Guys,

    Aunt Marlee

    ReplyDelete