Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday and Dim Sum

Adam and I were reflecting earlier today how easy it is for Good Friday to just pass by without much thought. We both grew up going to church, and the story has been heard by both of us many times. We took time today to just listen to the easter story and pay attention to where we found ourselves in the story. It was so refreshing to take that time in silence and not over analyze every aspect of the story (which is what I am prone to do).

In other news today I also had my first "Dim sum" experience. I can't believe I've been here for almost 3 years and not set foot in a Chinese restaurant. For those of you who have been to Vancouver, I'm sure you can appreciate how shocking that is. For those who haven't it's almost as bad as going to Mexico without going to a Mexican restaurant!



One of Adam's moms friends now lives in Vancouver and has made a habit of making us food and dropping it off since we have had Jacob. She contacted Adam recently and said she would like to take us out for Dim Sum.


We met up with her and her son today and the Ocean Seafood restaurant in Kerrisdale and let me tell you did we eat a lot of food! If you are like me and had never heard of Dim Sum it's basically a restaurant where you sit down and waiters are constantly circling around with carts that have various dishes on them. At the beginning of the meal you're given a sheet of paper and as you pick dishes they stamp a little number on your paper so they know what you've eaten at the end.


I'm not quite sure what exactly I ate, since the chinese food that I am used to consists of chicken balls, egg rolls and beef and broccoli. But let me tell you it was all very good! If you have the chance to have the Dim Sum experience I highly recommend you to go!


I leave you now with one of a handful of pictures of all of us together. Since I am usually the one with the camera, I am rarely in any pictures!

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment