Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just a Bunch of Random Thoughts



I am losing hair like it's going out of style. I know you're supposed to shed after birth, but man I think I've lost enough to donate to Locks of Love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------




Adam and I started watching LOST together when we were just friends, I think it may have been the precursor to us dating. We really don't watch much TV but we both have watched LOST since season one. Even though this is the last season, it seems to me that they are no closer to wrapping things up! What do you think will happen in the end?

------------------------------------------------------------------

After a week of waking up in the middle of the night to eat Jacob slept for 12 hours straight again last night! HORRAY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------



Although I had terrible nausea in my first trimester, I didn't have too many food aversions.
Just steak and Ahi tuna (I know, you're not supposed to eat Tuna when your pregnant, but it was just going to be a few bites:). Unfortunately, these aversions seem to have stuck with me since giving birth. Adam is making tuna tonight so I'm hoping that I've turned a leaf and am able to enjoy it.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob has started doing this new thing where he tries to suck his thumb and nurse at the same time, and while repeatedly taking his thumb out of his mouth so he can actually get some milk can be annoying, I also find it ridiculously cute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its safe to say that after a week of consistent posting I am officially doing this whole blogging thing for real this time. And in case you haven't noticed I think I'm addicted!

6 comments:

  1. Okay... first of all. Hair loss is a side effect of giving birth??? They should really tell you these things when you're trying!! Wow! I had no idea...

    And clearly you're committed to this blog, but I have to say I think I'm more addicted to reading it! Haha... Cute! Love all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne...I am losing a lot of hair too! I remember the very same thing happened after Grace was about 4 months old. As it starts to grow back it looks like baby hair. (Just the other day I was noticing my hair growth in your wedding pictures).

    Good for Jacob to sleep 12 hrs! I am happy that Reid sleeps for 6 hrs straight. Hey....that's awesome compared to Grace. He still wakes for a feeding - but it's quick and I am ok with that. If he fusses, he comes in bed with us and we all sleep! Hey, whatever it takes. I just know he is my last baby and I am savoring every moment. It goes so fast! I now "try" to get Grace to come in bed with me in the morning for a cuddle, but she simply replies..."mommy, I'm busy"! Kinda makes my heart a little sad. Next September she will be getting ready for school and I feel like she was just born.

    Keep blogging....I love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I am enjoying your blog so much. I have been reading it every evening before I go the bed. Keep up the good work - it's a great way to journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading girls! I love getting comments!

    yeah the hair loss is pretty intense... Adam found some in a container of salad greens I had open for a few minutes yesterday.... gross

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, at least you had a nice head of hair to start with...mine was thin at the beginning, and am also losing it rapidly...expecting to be bald by the time I'm done having kids!!! Also, Elijah does the same thing with his thumb sucking. It's a pain feeding him cuz he takes one bite then shoves his thumb in. It was cute at first, but now we're trying to teach him to leave the thumb out...haha, not working so well. The cutest is when he tries to eat cheerios though: he gets some in his hand, but then can't put them in his mouth, cuz the thumb just automatically goes in instead of the cheerio...so cute, but probably frustrating on his behalf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naomi - I bet the thumb sucking gets more frustrating after while... He loved his paci when he was a baby, but now he's only interested in his fingers or thumb.... hopefully that doesn't mean we'll have a huge braces bill down the road!

    ReplyDelete